Dear Colleagues in the Hospitality Industry:
The Puerto Rico Hotel & Tourism Association is celebrating its 31st Annual Convention & B2B with the hospitality industry. This B2B session will be on Thursday, September 28, 2017 at the InterContinental San Juan Beach Resort.
This event promises to be one of the most extraordinary social and networking events ever. From 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. there will be appointments going on where you will meet the movers and doers of the hospitality industry followed by a special cocktail reception where our top chefs will compete in the People’s Choice Culinary Competition.
There will be 45 table tops and 6 lounge areas available. Below is a link with copy of the exhibition facilities floor plan and B2B contract.
Reserved your space or spaces now. Send a check or money order payable to the Puerto Rico Hotel & Tourism Association for the full amount. Major credit cards are also accepted.
If you need more information about becoming a member, the B2B session or any of our events, please call Nayda Navarro at (787) 758-8001.
If you’re wondering what you get as an exhibitor at the B2B, here are a few of the benefits:
Demonstrate and promote your product and services
- Demonstrate and promote your products and services.
- Face-to-Face business opportunities unparalleled in the hospitality industry.
- Networking with your colleagues and make business contacts with industry’s decision-makers.
- Educate your customers.
Information on B2B
September 28, 2017 at the Intercontinental San Juan Beach Resort
The purpose of B2B, hereinafter referred to as Hospitality Expo, is to bring together equipment manufacturers, distributors, material suppliers, services, transportation companies, communications, and business or industry- related entities, to display products, materials and services and facilitate discussion with the decision makers of the hotel and restaurant industry.
Terms and Conditions
B2B participants shall be bound by the Terms and Conditions set forth herein and by such amendments or additional terms and conditions which may be established by Hospitality Expo management. Reference to Hospitality Expo management herein shall be deemed to include producer, sponsor,B2B manager, and any duly authorized representative, agent or employee of the foregoing.
B2B will be open during designated hours, on Thursday, September 28, 2017.
2:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
People’s Choice Cocktail Reception
7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
One Entrance for each contract additional will be available for purchase
The exhibit space arrangement is shown on the Exhibit Floor Plan. Dimensions and location of each space are believed to be accurate, but are only warranted to be approximate.
Fees per exhibitor (tables) are as follows:
Tables 6’ & 4 Chairs
Members: $ 650.00
Space is rented to company on a first-come, first- served basis. To be considered reserved, the Association must receive full payment and the signed contract. Appointments cannot be held confirmed without accompanying payment.
It is explicitly agreed by the B2B participant that in the event he/she fails to pay full space rental fee by the time specified, or fails to comply with any other provisions concerning its use of exhibit space, Hospitality Expo shall have the right to lease the space or any part thereof to such parties and upon such terms and conditions as Hospitality Expo may deem proper. In the event that it is found impossible to lease said space, Hospitality Expo reserves the right to use said space in any manner deemed expedient, in which case, the rental fee paid for said space shall be deemed to be liquidated damages from the defaulting B2B participant.
Installation & Dismantling for Lounges
Installation and setup hours for display are from 8:00 a.m. to 12 noon on
Thrusday, September 28, 2017. This is the only time allowed for installation. All materials must be ready for the B2B opening by 12:00 noon.
Management will not allow any moving of display and material after the opening of the B2B session.
Removal of display & materials may begin at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 28, 2017 and must be completed no later than 12:00 Midnight. Materials left at the exhibit after 12:00 a.m. will be disposed at the discretion of the InterContiental San Juan Beach Resort. The Association is not responsible for any materials left by the B2B participant. No participant shall have the right to pack or remove articles or exhibits, prior to the stated final closing time of the event.
Arrangements of Exhibits
Lounges measure 20 x 20 approximately. Table tops measure 8’ in length by 24”x Each space constitutes 1 table top and 4 chairs.
Limitation of Liability
Exhibitor agrees to protect, save and keep Hospitality Expo, Puerto Rico Hotel & Tourism Association and Condado Plaza Hilton forever harmless from any damage from negligence of the B2B participant -- or those holding under the exhibitor. He/she also agrees to strictly comply with the applicable terms and conditions contained in the agreement between Condado Plaza Hilton and PRHTA regarding the exhibit premises. Furthermore, exhibitor
shall at all times protect, indemnify, save and keep harmless Hospitality Expo and PRHTA, as well as their representatives and employees against and from any and all loss, cost, damage, liability or expense arising from, or out of, or by reason, of any accident or other occurrence to anyone, including exhibitor, its agents, employees and business invitees, which arise from or by reason of said exhibitor’s occupancy and use of the exhibition premises or a part thereof.
All exhibitors’ property is understood to remain under its custody and control while in transit to, from or within the premises of the exhibit or B2 B area, subject to the terms and conditions of Hospitality Expo. Exhibitors are advised to carry insurance to cover exhibit material against injury to persons or the property of others. Hospitality Expo will provide security guard service through the general area of the exhibition including during installation and dismantling.
The furnishing of such service is in no case to be understood or interpreted by exhibitors as guaranteeing them against loss or theft of any kind.
Limitations to Exhibitors
* Use of objectionable amplifying or lighting equipment is strictly prohibited, these are B2B sessions.
* No loud music is allowed. Video and other sounds must not be audible outside exhibit & B2B area.
* All activities must be confined to the contracted area.
* Strolling entertainment or distribution of samples and advertising materials outside the table top area is not allowed.
* Exhibitors may not schedule private functions or events that conflict with officially scheduled PRHTA events or B2B areas.
* Electrical or other mechanical apparatus must be muffled so noise does not interfere with other participants. Approved by Hotel.
* Combustible decoration, such as crepe paper, tissue paper, cardboard or corrugated paper is strictly prohibited at all times. All packing containers, excelsior and wrapping paper must be removed from the floor and must not be stored under the tables or behind displays.
* Muslin, velvet, silken or any other cloth decorations must stand a flameproof test as prescribed by the fire ordinance of San Juan, Puerto Rico.
* Volatile explosives or other inflammable matter, or any substances prohibited by law or insurance carriers, is not permitted on the premises.
* Distribution of material and samples other than professional literature and products is strictly prohibited.
* Sampling of products allowed for the lounges is as follows: beverages are limited to a maximum 4 oz. Container; 3 oz. product; and food items are limited to “bite size” or “sampling” portions. For Beverage Distributors Bars must be manned by Hotel Union Bartender. Contact Information: Joel Burgos, Banquet and Event Services Director or Ana Fernández, Director of Catering.
* No glass containers are permitted.
* Canvassing, distributing advertising material outside the exhibitor’s own space and solicitation of business or conferences in the interest of business are not permitted, except for exhibiting firms.
* Exhibits must conform strictly to the Terms and Conditions as indicated in this contract. The Hospitality Expo reserves the right to restrict any exhibit that might be considered undesirable. This restriction includes articles, conduct, models’ outfits, printed material, or anything objectionable to the Exhibit as a whole.
* No parking zones, tow away zones and other restricted areas will be strictly enforced. Vehicles will be towed at the owner’s expense, “no parking in Hotels’ loading dock or Porte Cochere”.
* Unless prior approval is granted, no one under the age of eighteen (18) is allowed on the B2B floor / loading dock during move-in and move-out.
* All points not specifically covered are subject to the decision of Hospitality Expo. Other restrictions may apply. Vendors License from Hacienda must be present and available if goods/food are to be sold as required by law.
Number of Exhibit Personnel
B2B participants are allowed two people working at each table top and will have one set of appointments.
Badging & Registration Fees
B2B participants must give the names of people working at the booths. Badges will be given after space has been assigned.
Badge Swapping Among Personnel is Strictly Prohibited
Individuals registered, as regular members of PRHTA will not be permitted to participate in an exhibit table unless counted in the allotment of table personnel.
Hospitality Expo and its management have the power to adopt and enforce all show attendance rules, regulations, terms and conditions with respect to the kind, nature, and eligibility of exhibitors adopted by it or set forth herein. Its decision on any matter that may arise hereunder shall be final.
The words “Exhibit Management” or “Management” as used herein shall mean Hospitality Expo or its agent, acting for it in managing the exhibits.
No exhibitor shall assign, sublet, or apportion the whole or any part of the space allotted, nor exhibit therein any other goods than those manufactured or sold in the regular course of business by the exhibitor, or permit the solicitation of business by others within his/her space.
Termination of Exhibition
In the event the premises where the B2B is being held, in the sole determination of Hospitality Expo, becomes unfit for occupancy or is substantially interfered with by reason of picketing, strike, embargo, injunction, act of war, act of God, fire, emergency declared by any governmental agency or by virtue of any other act beyond the control of Hospitality Expo, this agreement may be terminated by Hospitality Expo.
In the event of such termination, the B2B participant waives any and all damages and agrees that Hospitality Expo may, after deducting all costs and expenses -- including a reserve for claims -- refund the exhibitor, as and for complete settlement and discharge of all said exhibitor’s claims and demands, its pro-rata share of the remaining net balance of all funds.
Cancellation of Exhibit Space
Once the B2B contract is signed, the exhibitor will have up to 3 weeks to submit full payment for the reserved space. If full payment is not received within said term, the PRHTA will not guarantee the reserved space. Likewise, if an exhibitor notifies Hospitality Expo management, no later than August 1, 2017 not occupy and use exhibit space under contract, Hospitality Expo will refund all sums paid by the exhibitor in excess of the $500 penalty fee. There will be NO REFUNDS after August 1, 2017.
Exhibitors may provide one I.D. sign for each table.
The contractor designated by Puerto Rico Hotel & Tourism Association will handle all decorations and furnishings. For a quote on materials you may need please contact Ms. Carmen Sanabria or Yazmine Gonzalez at (787)288-3734. Orders for furnishings, services, utilities, etc. should be placed by the set deadlines on the order forms.
Hotel does not have storage space for exhibits and materials, Shipping and delivery of the above mentioned must be coordinated with and outside vender approved by PRHTA and then with Hotel for delivery and pick up.
Click Here - Download Exhibitor's Contract (will be available soon)